Saturday 17 March 2012

Saturday morning tour

Happy Saint Patricks Day!  With the time moving last weekend there is a real advantage to not having to head out of the house until 7:00 a.m. One of our local skunks was outr and about, but there was notr enough light to grab a shot.I stayed pretty close to home today, but still managed to find about 70 deer, here are a pair from a Bachelor herd of 5:
What really surprised me is that these bucks still have antlers, this is the middle of March for crying out loud.An indication as to the health of the critters and the mild winter we experienced this year.
A lot of geese out and about this morning, this fwellow has already laid claim the pot hole he wants to raise a family on it seems:
Also spotted 4 rooster pheasants, one with a couple of gals by his side:

The "find of the day" was this little bird of prey. I need to get an ID on it.  I initially thought it was a femail Kestrel, but it is likely a Merlin. 
Of course there were Coyote's out there, I think I saw 5 but they were all high tailing it. 
Overall a very productive morning. Have some Green beer everyone.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment