Wednesday 13 March 2013

Whitecrowned, Long billed Curlew, Brewers, Morro Rock tour (20130307) California

It's Thursday morning and we are headed over to the Morro Rock the landmark here in the Bay. This rock is actually a volcanic plug from millions of years ago. The White Crowned Sparrows were very cooperative when we got out of the car.
Here is a second, it would have been nicer with a better environment.
While Politics makes for strange bedfellows the Beach makes for a time for mixing and meeting your neighbours.
Other beach residents included Long Billed Curlews, I wonder when these fellows will head north for the summer.
Also on the beach were scores of Marbled Godwits.
Here is a "peak" at the rock. If this is the plug the original Volcano must have been huge.
Here are some of the "Bays" residents. They have this great barking noice that would put any neighbourhood dog to shame :)
I debated long and hard about which shot of this female Brewers to post.
So I finally decided to post both of them.
My Backlog is starting starting to dwindle, but I probably have 3 more posts to put up, The weekend will be here and I will fall behind again.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment