Monday 11 March 2013

Egret, Shovelers, Teals, Avocets Water birds galore (20130304) Audubon Part 2

We as I preview the remaining photos to post for this blog entry I believe the title is appropriate. If you are looking for shore birds, I got 'em here. Egrets, Avocet's, Cinnamon Teal, and maybe even a Coot. We'll start off with this nice Snowy Egret.

I love this shot where you can see the yellow feet under the water.
Here is another bird that has unique feet.  These help the Coot swim very well.
I have a couple of shots of this fella (a male Anna's) from the front, but once he turned his back on me, he lost all his fear.I was able to get right up close to him.
The White Crowned Sparrows were being cooperative, then I found this group of Northern Shoveler's. It was amazing to watch them feed, they were spinning as a group as if there was a large whirlpool under them spinning.
Back at the main entry I spent a little time around one of the ponds, I found this Great Egret, I watched him stalk a lizard and it got away from him.
As promised here is a look at a Cinnamon Teal.
 There were a few Avocet's around the pool and this fella got pretty close and provided some great opportunities.
There were also a couple of Northern's working over the shallows, I like the colours of these birds, too bad he keeps the majority of his bill hidden while he feeds.
Here is another shot I really like of an Avocet.
I will finish up this post as I did the day with a shot of a Green Winged Teal.
I also found Common Yellowthroats, Black Phoebe's and a Western Kingbird on the walk home. a very successful day. Unfortunately I was unable to get my eyes on a Bobcat, apparently there are a few in the area.  Have a super Wildlife week.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment