Saturday 26 April 2014

Ruffed grouse (20140426) An early morning visit with Action Jackson.

I am a little disappointed with the weatherman, but then I should still believe in the easter bunny, right? I did find this bull elk early on after just about running over a little grouse on the gravel road. Very poor quality shot but taken 20 minutes befor sun up on a very heavily overcast sky.

We were supposed to get snow overnight, but it didn't start snowing until 5:30 a.m. while I was driving into position. I still have "grizzly fever" so I sat on a staight stretch in the road where I have found grizzly track 3 times over the past couple of weeks, but nothing showed. Jackson wasn't on his perch when I went in the road, but he was ready to roll when I came out.
 Here is a little closer look at Jackson's snowy log.
He allowed me to get much closer to him today (not that I have ever flushed him) and in the very poor light it allwed me the opportuntiy to get some nice close ups.
The rest of they day was okay, with some swans, redwinged blackbirds, my first Snipe of the year and I think maybe an American Pipit. I was home by 10:00 a.m. I hope evryone gets out for a little wildlife this weekend.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment