Sunday 10 January 2016

Pheasants dust bathing (20151020) some shots/video out the front window

Well it was a pretty normal day around the house when all of a sudden I spied these two young roosters come strolling into the front yard. They seemed to be settling into the mulch up on the side of the hill, so I thought I would grab the camera and tripod.
The wife and I watched as the two of them "dusted" their feathers for a full twenty minutes as they rolled in the dirt. Take a little look at this video.
After watching them for a bit upstairs, I went downstairs and took a few images. 
I really like this "action" shot.
Even though these shots were taken through windows I am pretty happy with how they turned out. 
It was interesting to just how many shots I have where the birds nicitating membrane were have closed to protect his eyes. Here is a shot of this bird relaxing a little, settled down.
Sometimes you don't have to go far to put a little "wild" in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment