Sunday 11 August 2013

A very disappointing day (20130809)

I guess we shot our wad last Sunday in the blind! With the majority of tourists from the previous long weekend I thought that an early Friday morning run would prove to be fruitful, boy was I wrong! Out of the garage at 4:55 a.m. and on the road to Lake Louise. It seemed like a great looking morning with a little morning mist, but the sun was burning that off. I did the complete run from Banff to Lake Louise and the only four legged critters out were the Squirrels. I found a couple of birds of prey; a Redtail and a Merlin. Coming back through Canmore I decided to take the Spray Lakes road run with the hopes of salvaging the day. More Squirrels:
I did drive by this little Black Bear eating berries, but when I turned around to try and get a shot he scooted away and all I got was this shot through the windshield, sorry for the poor quality (evidence:).
A little further down the road this pair of youngsters.
This young Coyote gave me a few good opportunities for shots.
And this shot of it climbing the hill as it was on its way to where only it knew
.
That pretty much wrapped up the day for wildlife, a very disappointing outing, but the Sun don't shine on the same dog's *ss everyday:)  A good day is coming up soon. I know that some of you had a great wildlife day!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment