Thursday 5 June 2014

Baltimore Oriole, Yellow Warbler, Brownheaded Cowbird (20140601) A sunny Sunday morning walk

It was nice to see the sun for our weekly walk today. we had a small group and the birds were cooperating, kind of. There we alot if sightings but very few up close. This Savannah Sparrow wasn't shy about his singing voice.
Although I have posted some shots of House Wrens, I took some nice images today.
The ladies were telling me they could hear Yellow Warblers all along the trail, but it took me quite a while to find one out in the open.
We probably found 6 or 8 Baltimore Orioles. I find these birds very tough to get a proper images of due to their feather colouration.
Even tougher is a good "in flight" shot.
It was a terrific day with over different species spotted and heard. Many just a distant image. This Brownheaded Cowbird on the otherhand was very approachable.
So a little colour to keep us entertained. This will complete this submission for this session. I hope you had a great wildlife weekend!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment